Friday 11 November 2011


“The whole system that we live in drills into us that we’re powerless, that we’re weak, that our society is evil, that’s its fragmented.  It's all a big fat lie.  We are powerful, beautiful, extraordinary. There is no reason why cannot understand who we truly are, where we are going. There is no reason why the average individual cannot be fully empowered. We are incredibly powerful beings.

“I think I spent 30 years of my life, the first 30, trying to become something. I wanted to become good at things, I wanted to become good at tennis, I wanted to become good at school and grades, and everything I viewed in that perspective. I’m not OK the way I am, but if I got good at things. I realised I had the game wrong: the goal was to find out who I already was.”

“I wasn’t born Richard Albert, I was just born a human being and then I learned this whole business of who I am, whether I’m good or bad, achieving or not, all that’s learned along the way.

“In our culture we’ve been trained for individual differences to stand out. So you look at each person and immediately you think brighter, dumber, older, younger, richer, poorer, and we make all these dimensional distinctions, put them into categories and treat them that way. And we get so we only see others as separate from ourselves and the ways in which they’re separate. And one of the dramatic characteristics of experience is being with another person and suddenly seeing the ways they are like you, not different from you. And experiencing the fact that that which is essence in you, and is essence in you, is indeed one. The understanding that there is no other. It is all one.” 



- Featured in Zeitgeist

“The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you go on it you think it’s real, because that’s how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down, and round and round, it has thrills and chills and its very brightly coloured, and it’s very loud, and it’s fun, for a while. Some have been on the ride for a long time and they being to question: “Is this real, or is this just a ride?” And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and they say “Hey, don’t worry, don’t be afraid ever, because this is just a ride.” And we kill those people. “Shut him up, I’ve got a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account and my family. This has to be real.” Its just a ride. But we always kill those good guys that try to tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn’t matter because it’s just a ride, and we can change it anytime we want. Its only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings or money, just a choice, right now, between fear and love.”
 

- Bill Hicks


When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
- Jimi Hendrix 

 _____________________________________________




Rings true, does it not?


Lossarim
   

No comments:

Post a Comment